Tuesday, October 20, 2009

All about 'ShutUpandEat'

I have always liked cooking... At a young age, although my mom didn’t allow me near the stove, while she was cooking, I figured the basics and learnt a lot by questioning and found the ratio of spices, mix and match of recipes and much more. I never got a chance to do real time cooking until I got married.

I was working in Bangalore, India and if you have visited Bangalore you would know about the crazy traffic and how many hours it takes to reach your home. So, I never got the time to do elaborate cooking. When I moved to Calgary, Canada to join my husband, I was at home for nearly 4 months. God! Did it drive me mad…? I had been working for nearly six years without a break, and so sitting at home bored me. I turned my attention to my long forgotten dream… real cooking.

That’s when I started experimenting and tweaking the recipes that I would find, to my taste and tried it on a test environment… my Hubby, Rajan.:) I didn’t want all the recipes to be forgotten, I wanted to put them in a place where I can see them later for reference and also let other people test them and give in their comments.

So, I decided to write a blog and was searching for a title. It so happened, that day my hubby was driving me mad by giving advice on how my recipes should be… And as I was searching for a title I came across the name of a restaurant “Shut up and eat”, O Boy! Now do I need to say why they would have chosen that name?

That’s how “Shut up and Eat“ came into existence, and soon I have so many recipes to try my hands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment