Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weekend baking

All of us get caught up with life and its busy routine everyday. I am no exception. Once I come back from office, I am just too lazy to try out anything in kitchen. I would be happy if tea and snacks were ready when i come home, and i really dont mind if some one had prepared my dinner. :)

I have to just dream about that, coz I know that's not going to happen. Since weekdays are busy, I have set weekends for baking and trying out new recipes.On our visit to the library, my hubby picked me some books on baking from the library.



The Weekend Baker- written by Abigail Johnson Dodge and Simple Home Baking -written by Carol pastor

Both the books have recipes for cakes, muffins and other sweet delights. The weekend baker book is elaborate and the book gives 3 sections; Express baking, Baking in stages, Productions- baking for parties etc. Something that I personally miss in this book is pictures. Not all recipes have a photo,I would have loved to try more of the recipes if I knew what the output was going to look like.

The second book, Simple Home baking, is a slim book with few recipes, but all recipes have a detailed approach and not to miss, each recipe has a photo.

So, in the coming posts im planning to try out the recipes in my way, cutting down butter and replacing some of the ingradients with some of my flavour. Lets see how it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment